Firmware Updates for Beta Testers
Hi GoFish Cam Testers,
Firmware for your GoFish Cam will be updated from time to time. Come to this page to check for the latest update. Firmware is installed on your GoFish Cam using the procedure below.
To complete the procedure, you will need:
- A computer
- Your GoFish Cam
- The supplied usb cable
- Download the latest firmware zip file from the bottom of this page.
- Unzip the update file to any location on your computer, it should create 2 items, 1)"SPHOST.brn" 2)"download folder"
- Make sure your camera is fully charged
- Turn on your camera and attach it by the usb to your computer. The camera should show up as a folder or drive on your computer
- Copy the 2 downloaded items directly to the folder or drive that shows up in step 4
- Properly eject the drive on your computer, and then disconnect the camera from your computer.
- Turn on the camera, at first you will see the green light, but after a few seconds you should see blue and orange flashing lights for ~1 minute, do not disturb the camera during this time.
WHEN THE LIGHTS TURN OFF, YOUR CAMERA IS NOW UPDATED, BUT YOU NEED TO TAKE THE FILES OFF THE SD CARD BEFORE YOU CAN USE IT AGAIN.
- Although the camera is already off, put the power switch to the off position.
- While the camera is off, connect the camera to your computer with the micro usb cable. Then, while plugged in, turn the camera on by moving the power switch to the on position. The camera should show up as a folder or drive on your computer again.
- Open the drive, locate the firmware files 1)"SPHOST.brn" 2)"download folder" and delete them by dragging to your trash bin on your computer. Before ejecting the drive from your computer, make sure you empty your trash bin so that the files are fully removed.
- Properly eject the drive, and disconnect camera.
- Turn camera off and then on again.
Latest Firmware Update:
**BEFORE UPDATING FIRMWARE, SAVE YOUR CURRENT VIDEOS TO YOUR COMPUTER OR GOFISH CAM PROFILE ON THE MOBILE APP JUST IN CASE**